Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken + Veggies
A healthy take on a takeout classic, this Asian noodle dish will quickly become one of your favorite go-to recipes. Feel free to empty out the fridge and pantry for this meal - it's a great way to use up extra veggies.
See tips, how-to videos, and other recipe ideas →
- 15 mins
- 20 mins
- 1/2 lb chicken thighs or breast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 6oz mushrooms
- 4 oz Asian noodles (rice, lo mein, udon, or egg noodles all work)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb chicken thighs or breast
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 bell pepper
- 12oz mushrooms
- 8 oz Asian noodles (rice, lo mein, udon, or egg noodles all work)
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sriracha
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl or mug, make the sauce by combining soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, and honey; whisk and set aside. You'll use the sauce to cook the chicken and veggies, and then at the end to coat the noodles. If you're not sure how much to make, err on the side of too little and you can always make more if you need it.
- Slice the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, coat with cooking oil; add the chicken and about a third of the sauce. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, as the chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water reaches a boil, add the noodles and a large pinch of salt and cook according to package instructions.
- When the chicken is finished, transfer to a plate and set aside. Using the same pan (if necessary, add in a little more oil), add in the veggies and another third of the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the veggies develop some color.
- While the veggies are cooking, crack the eggs into a small bowl or mug and whisk.
- Once the veggies are soft and flavorful, remove from the pan and set aside. Add a bit more oil to the pan, add in the eggs, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the eggs are no longer runny.
- Turn off the heat and add back in the chicken, veggies, noodles; pour in the rest of the sauce and stir until evenly mixed. Serve and enjoy!
- Get creative with the sauce! There are tons of different directions you can go. Try adding in some peanut butter to make a peanut sauce or adding in different flavors like fresh ginger, garlic, lemon, or rice wine vinegar.
- Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions for an extra kick of flavor and visual flare. Or, take it a slightly different direction and finish with lime and cilantro would