Spinach and Mushroom Pesto Pasta with Sausage
Simple recipes are endless here at Sizzle. These surprising combinations of ingredients are both savory and delicious.
See tips, how-to videos, and other recipe ideas →
- 6oz chicken apple sausage, cut into rounds
- ¼ package of fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt + pepper
- 12oz chicken apple sausage, cut into rounds
- ½ package of fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt + pepper
- Begin by cooking the pasta. Get a large pot of water boiling, season generously with salt, and follow instructions on the package to prepare.
- Meanwhile, slice the sausage and mushrooms, and mince the garlic
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage, mushrooms, and garlic, and cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sausage has browned.
- Once the pasta is ready, strain it, but keep just a little bit (a spoonful or two) of the pasta water in the pot. The starchy water from the pasta will help to create a thick and creamy sauce. Return the noodles into the pot and add in the spinach.
- Once the sausage and mushrooms are finished, add them into the pot with the noodles and spinach. Give everything a big stir to mix, add in the pesto, and stir until the spinach is wilted and everything is mixed evenly.
- Finish with some parmesan cheese and a few red pepper flakes, and serve and enjoy!
- Can use any type of sausage you prefer
- Salt the water being used to make the pasta
- If you do not prefer mincing garlic, buy the already minced for an easy, shelf stable, solution. Garlic
- powder can be used as a substitute if garlic is not available.