Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
with Chickpeas + Fried Egg
Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas + Fried Egg
You better catch this hash before it runs away. A vegetable packed hash atop potatoes sounds amazing, but wait until you add that over easy egg! The runny yolk provides a nutrient packed topper to this dish. All in one simple recipes makes for easy dinners and an easier clean up.
Tips, how-to videos + more recipe ideas →
Potato and Chickpea Hash with Runny Egg
1 sweet potato
1 can 15oz chickpeas
2 cups spinach
- Begin by grating the potatoes using a cheese grater. If not accessible cut thin small pieces.
- Dice onion, and rinse/drain chickpeas
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onion, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable mixture and press into a layer across the pan. Cook without stirring for about 3-5 minutes or until potatoes are a crispy and golden brown on the bottom.
- At this time, reduce heat to medium low. Fold in chickpeas and zucchini breaking up chunks of potato, until just combined and press back down to an even layer across the skillet.
- Carve out 4 “wells” in the mixture.
- Break the eggs, 1 per “well”. Cover the skillet for 4-5 minutes or until eggs are set.
- To plate, layer with spinach and add egg scramble. Add avocado slices to garnish and your dish is done.