Garlic-Lemon Roasted Salmon
with Veggies + Quinoa
Garlic-Lemon Roasted Salmon with Veggies + Quinoa
This super-simple and delicious recipe is going to be one of your favorites for years to come. The trinity of lemon-garlic-heat brings out the best in the roasted salmon, broccoli, and cauliflower, all served on a bed of quinoa. Healthy, tasty, easy - what's not to like? You'll be eating good in no time.
Tips, how-to videos + more recipe ideas →
- 15 mins
- 25 mins
- 2 salmon filets, 4 oz each
- ½ head broccoli, chopped
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon filets, 4 oz each
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, fresh squeezed
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- baking tray
- Heat the oven to 400° F
- While oven is heating up, start the quinoa. Combine 2 parts water with 1 part quinoa, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Grab a baking tray, line with tinfoil or parchment paper (optional, but makes cleanup easier), and lightly coat with oil
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized florets (scroll down for how-to videos)
- Place the chopped veggies and salmon skin-side down on the baking tray. Coat with olive oil, salt+pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and any other spices calling your name
- Cook in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork, and the veggies are done when they are golden brown. If necessary, feel free to let the veggies cook a little extra longer after you take the salmon out.
- Plate the quinoa, veggies, and salmon together and finish with a big squeeze of fresh lemon. A little soy sauce on the quinoa and veggies can do wonders, and if you like things extra spicy, a little sriracha will work great. Enjoy!
- Don't be afraid to cook extra quinoa! It keeps great in the fridge and is the perfect base for a quick meal or snack.
- For super flavorful quinoa, use broth instead of water for cooking. Any type of broth will work - beef, chicken, veggie. You can use all broth, but we find equal parts broth and water usually works best. So if you're cooking 1 cup of quinoa, use 1 cup of broth and 1 cup of water. We also love putting a bit of butter and salt in there, and a little garlic powder never hurt any one.
- If you like your veggies extra crispy, feel free to let them cook a little longer after you take out the salmon.